[Pool] IPv6 testing, please add your servers to the beta site

Ask Bjørn Hansen ask at develooper.com
Fri Jun 3 14:08:48 UTC 2011

Patches welcome: https://github.com/abh/ntppool/issues/17

> - When entering a IPv6 IP it cannot guess the region.

I don't know of any IPv6 -> geo databases.   Maxmind's (which we use for IPv4) has IPv6 support I believe; but not enough data to be useful.

Until the DNS servers can do a similar lookup, there's not too much point to the servers having this data anyway.

> I accidentally added one of my servers with the global zone and now I cannot change the
> zone.

Yeah, with IPv4 this rarely happened so the current workflow (email the ticketing system and I fixed it) was okay; with IPv6 probably not.

 - ask