[Pool] High Offset / Jitter

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Mar 1 16:55:18 UTC 2011

> David:
>
> I would, but the changing world of hardware has left me in a situation
> where the only Window's machines I have (which I need to reprogram the
> 18x) are laptops. And these laptops don't have a DB9 serial COMs port.
> Crazy, I know.. lol  So my options are to either buy an 18 OEM or
> buy a new computer w/Windows. A cost that far exceeds £45.  :)
>
> Check it out, no COMs ports: HP EliteBook 8440p
> URL w/Pictures: http://tinyurl.com/HP8440p

.. or visit a friend with a Windows computer (costs you a beer!), or get a
USB to serial converter (from £2.08):

  http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=usb+serial&x=0&y=0

The converter might be useful in the future....

Cheers,
David
Web:  http://www.satsignal.eu
Email:  david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk