[Pool] time reset

Maarten Deen mdeen at xs4all.nl
Thu Mar 24 19:25:57 UTC 2011

On 24-3-2011 20:00, Alby wrote:

 >   What could be going on with my NTP session that is causing the
 > time to reset a every every hour or more?  I've rebooted my box,
 > deleted the drift file. Ran ntpdate to another server and then
 > started ntpd, and still I keep getting these resets.

What hardware and OS are you using? I found that having a processor that
changes its clockspeed (for energy saving) with Ubuntu (and probably
other Linuxes) will give problems with the wrong clocksource.

I haven't been able to resolve it myself since hpet is the only one my
box will use and that drifts by .1 s each minute.
I've reverted to setting time with ntpdate every minute and dropping out
of the pool.

Regards,
Maarten