[Pool] From which IP addresses is going monitoring activity?

Ask Bjørn Hansen ask at develooper.com
Wed Sep 14 18:36:25 UTC 2011

On Sep 14, 2011, at 10:47, Vincent Zweije wrote:

> ||  I asked for monitoring IPs for EXCLUDE them from auto-ban script :)
>
> You should not want this for three reasons:
[…]

Vincent (and everyone else) explained it better than I did; sorry about that.  I was typing on my phone this morning.

That being said; currently the monitoring IPs are pretty easy to figure out.  In the not too far future though monitoring will happen from several IPs.

Mouse is correct that the IPv6 monitoring is a little more frequent.  The targets are "about every 14-15 minutes" for IPv6 and "every 24-25 minutes" for IPv4:

	https://github.com/abh/ntppool/blob/master/lib/NP/Model/Server.pm#L265

 - ask