[Pool] Server Abuse

Miguel Barbosa Gonçalves m at mbg.pt
Sun Apr 5 12:04:33 UTC 2015

> > Someone suggested that it could be a Carrier Grade NAT box. Well, IMHO,
> > someone who the money to buy such a thing could very well implement a
> local
> > NTP server.
>
> But why? The pool just works. And NAT is security.
> Next you will suggest such fancy tech like IPv6...

Because that is the way it should be done! I did not suggest anything
unreasonable. Please read my post carefully.

And no, NAT is not security... It has security as a side effect but it was
not designed for security.

If you do maintain a pool server don't you think the numbers I present are
abusive?

I don't mind giving away some of my network and hardware resources but not
for lazy network admins.

In fact, as of now I took more aggressive measures to address this
situation. I will monitor it closely.

Cheers,
Miguel