[Pool] Leap second is coming

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Sat Apr 18 18:44:30 UTC 2015

>	What is the best way to get the leap seconds file? The first
> URL in Google search results is apparently redirecting to itself:
> http://www.ietf.org/timezones/data/leap-seconds.list

> Trying 2400:cb00:2048:1::6814:55...

wget works for me, but it uses IPv4

> 	Apparently the majority of my upstream servers do not send the leap second
> info - at least my "ntpq -c rv" does not show the "tai" value:

There are two levels of leap info.  The normal NTP packet exchange has a 2
bit field that encodes 4 states:
  my clock is no good
  my clock is good, no leap
  leap insert
  leap delete

The leap insert/delete apply to the end of the current day.

>	How can I tell which upstream servers announce the upcoming
> leap second?

Wait until the day the leap will happen.  :)

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.