[Pool] Problem with IPv6 monitor?

Ask Bjørn Hansen ask at ntppool.org
Sat Jan 3 22:27:11 UTC 2015

> On Jan 2, 2015, at 17:58, lst_hoe02 at 79365-rhs.de wrote:
>
> Hm, looks like fixed now. It's a pitty that IPv6 still isn't even as stable as IPv4 :-(

Yes, indeed. :-(

I have an (unfinished) project to have volunteers run a little daemon to do traceroute, DNS and NTP checks so we more easily can figure out what's going wrong in these situations.

There's an early version (without the distributed bits) running close to the monitoring server in Los Angeles so you can do traceroutes from there to yourself (or anywhere else, for now at least):

$ curl trace.ntppool.org/traceroute/2a01:238:43b0:9c00:365a:50a6:2d5e:d91d

Ask