[Pool] internet wide version survey + leap=0

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Mon Jan 12 23:12:03 UTC 2015

jared at puck.nether.net said:
> i have a weekly internet wide version survey, would it be interesting to
> look at the leap= setting this year in that dataset?

Yes.

I assume you are surveying by asking for the time.  If so, the response will
already include the LEAP bits.  So all it takes is tweaking your software to
count them or whatever.  Do you log everything?

How long does it take to run your survey?  It would be interesting to run it
several times per day on the day before and the day after the leap second.

It would be interesting to see how many of the pool servers don't make the
leap at the appropriate time.  That requires checking soon enough after
midnight that they haven't stepped the clock to correct things.  I think that
takes 15 minutes.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.