[Pool] Leap Indicator bits

Miroslav Lichvar mlichvar at redhat.com
Fri Jul 3 14:42:20 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jul 02, 2015 at 10:38:10PM -0700, Ask Bjørn Hansen wrote:
> > Some NTP servers in *.pool.ntp.org are still announcing wrong LI bits. Rough sampling:
>
> Yeah, about 100 left which is just barely more than the number of servers that missed announcing the leap second on the 30th.

> | 2015-06-30 |   22 |    3428 |
> | 2015-06-30 |   23 |    3711 |
> | 2015-07-01 |    0 |     569 |
> | 2015-07-01 |    1 |     243 |

This is very interesting. Thanks for sharing the data.

How close to the leap second were the "23" data collected?

I was monitoring a subset of IPv4 servers from the pool and I saw a
larger percentage of servers not announcing the leap second, so I'm
wondering how that last hour looked like. In the first measurements
after the leap second about 10% of them was off by one second. Maybe
the IPv6 servers were better on average?

--
Miroslav Lichvar