[Pool] Leap Indicator bits

Martin Burnicki martin.burnicki at burnicki.net
Mon Jul 6 08:21:56 UTC 2015

Harlan,

Harlan Stenn wrote:
> If a bug was fixed in 4.2.8 but was not fixed in 4.2.6, then there were
> over 1,100 other bugs that were also fixed in 4.2.8 but not in 4.2.6.

And how many of those bugs were introduced after 4.2.6, in 4.2.7*, and
then fixed?

IMO there are different kinds of bug. Some of them can only be fixed in
the next major version, and others are worth to roll out a patch release.

IMO security fixes implemented around last christmas, and evil things
like the sticky leap bit are really worth to roll out a patch release.
This would save many users and admins of really much trouble.

I think we have already discussed this in detail by email back in
December or January.

Martin