[Pool] Off by a second leap second failures

John Winters ntp at sinodun.org.uk
Sat Jul 11 06:33:17 UTC 2015

On 10/07/15 16:13, Svavar Kjarrval wrote:
> Are the server admins notified of the problem and advised on general
> solutions?

I have to confess that my server was one of those which failed to handle
the leap second gracefully, and I've yet to work out why.

I installed the leap second file in advance, I queried my server in the
run up to the leap second and it assured me it knew all about it and was
ready to go, and yet come the crucial moment, it took about 4 hours to
cotton on the fact that the time had jumped.

It's on my list to look into now term has ended and I have a bit of time.

John