[Pool] Off by a second leap second failures

John Winters ntp at sinodun.org.uk
Sun Jul 12 08:53:36 UTC 2015

On 12/07/15 09:25, Martin Burnicki wrote:
[snip]
> Do you still have those syslog files and can check if this is the case?

Just restored them from the nightly backups, and I have a lot of egg on
my face.

Yes, ntpd did exactly what was expected of it.  The trouble is, this is
a fairly newly installed Debian Jessie system and something had snuck in
which I didn't know about (and as far as I can see, isn't even configured).

systemd-timesyncd

ntpd and systemd-timesyncd seem to have spent the four hours after
midnight squabbling over the system time, with ntpd setting it right,
and then systemd-timesyncd immediately setting it wrong again.
systemd-timesyncd's configuration file has the time servers commented
out, and its man page is missing so I'll need to do some research to
find out what it uses by default.

Time to disable another feature of systemd.

John