[Pool] Off by a second leap second failures

Rob Janssen rob at knoware.nl.eu.org
Sun Jul 12 09:54:39 UTC 2015

John Winters wrote:
> The trouble is, this is
> a fairly newly installed Debian Jessie system and something had snuck in
> which I didn't know about (and as far as I can see, isn't even configured).
>
> systemd-timesyncd
>
> ntpd and systemd-timesyncd seem to have spent the four hours after
> midnight squabbling over the system time, with ntpd setting it right,
> and then systemd-timesyncd immediately setting it wrong again.
> systemd-timesyncd's configuration file has the time servers commented
> out, and its man page is missing so I'll need to do some research to
> find out what it uses by default.
>
> Time to disable another feature of systemd.

Arghh!!!   Another confirmation that systemd is a plague that we have to get rid of when
we want to keep control over our systems.  Mr. Poettering should go work for Apple
or Microsoft, and leave the Linux community alone.  We don't want that kind of sh*t,
and when we do we can always switch to another OS.

Rob