[Pool] Off by a second leap second failures

Harlan Stenn stenn at ntp.org
Sun Jul 12 21:58:16 UTC 2015

Rob Janssen writes:
> > Instead you prefer a project that claims to need a dozen people full
> > time for a small problem.
>
> Well, it is the chief maintainer of the project that claims this, not
> the project itself.

This one is easy: Speaking *for* the NTP Project, which I have the
authority to do, there is a metric crapton of resources needed to do the
work.  That means NTF needs useful amounts of money to pay for staff,
equipment, operations and facilities, etc.  We need variety of
volunteers, too, in many areas.  And since competent and collaborative
volunteers are not available in sufficient numbers to fill the void,
what other alternative is there other than to raise funds to pay people
to do the work?

--
Harlan Stenn <stenn at ntp.org>