[Pool] Off by a second leap second failures

Ask Bjørn Hansen ask at ntppool.org
Mon Jul 13 00:45:34 UTC 2015

[ This is for all of you, not just for Rob ]

> On the actual topic, I think it is not a good idea to combine all kinds of system jobs into […]

I have my own opinions about this (and the other topics discussed in the last day in this thread), but the adoption of systemd in the Linux distributions really isn’t relevant to this list (beyond John’s report about the behavior on his system).

Likewise discussion about ntpd development should be on the comp.protocols.time.ntp newsgroup (https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/comp.protocols.time.ntp for those of us without a newsreader). I also have my own opinions about that, as you can imagine, but again — not relevant to this list.

* Be civil, ie. would you talk to your [grandmother/customers/manager/new employee] this way.
* Use appropriate language. Keep in mind that we’re the public list of a big global community; let’s put our best foot forward.
* Keep the topics relevant to the NTP Pool.
* Be good, & make good choices — http://bit.ly/1GXFcQa

Ask