[Pool] Off by a second leap second failures

Martin Burnicki martin.burnicki at burnicki.net
Mon Jul 13 07:52:22 UTC 2015

Martin Schröder wrote:
>> or Microsoft, and leave the Linux community alone.  We don't want that kind
>> of sh*t,
>
> Instead you prefer a project that claims to need a dozen people full
> time for a small problem.

This is a typical statement you get from folks who just see that the
format of the NTP packets on the network has not changed for many years,
who think it's sufficient to have the system time synchronized to the
second, and don't even notice if the own system time is less accurate.

I'm sure systemd gets the time synchronized much better and more
accurate than ntpd. You just need to send an receive an NTP packet once
in a while, and then adjust the system time. Implementing this requires
just a few lines of code ;-)