[Pool] Virtualization

Arnold Schekkerman ntp-list at mallos.nl
Sat Jul 18 11:03:39 UTC 2015

Hi Florian,

On 18-07-15 12:36, Florian Weimer wrote:
> Do the restrictions on virtualization still apply?

If you are the owner of the host, then it is preferred to install the NTP server on
the host.

If you are not the owner of the host, then it is preferred to convince the owner to
donate resources to the pool.

In the past we have had requests from hosting providers to remove their customers
from our pool system. The hosting provider donated several high bandwidth servers
to the pool and was not pleased that additional virtual servers (also high
bandwidth, but over the same line!) were added to the pool by their customers.

Please, keep this in mind, regardless of the technical (in)possibilities.

Best regards,
   Arnold