[Pool] Virtualization

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Jul 19 07:09:51 UTC 2015

I have also been running a couple of virtual servers for several years
on vps machines.  NTP is OK according to my terms of service, and
bandwidth is of course aggregated with the rest of my traffic.    It is
unusual for either of them to be off by more than 10ms as reported by
the monitoring server.   For reasons unknown, 107.161.29.207 jitters
around by 3-4 ms from sample to sample, while the other graph usually
drifts around more slowly with little jitter.

-Joe
**

For interest, here's a Windows-XP 32-bit client running in a VMware Player
on a stratum-1 Windows-8.1/64 PPS-synced PC:

  http://www.satsignal.eu/mrtg/web-server_ntp-b.html

Not in the pool as I don't have a static IP address.

Cheers,
David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk