[Pool] NTP 4.3.8p3 - Centos 6.6

mrex at tranzeo.com mrex at tranzeo.com
Tue Jul 21 00:44:36 UTC 2015

I like to refer to this site:
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/svn/basicnet/ntp.html

"Synchronizing the Time

There are two options. Option one is to run ntpd continuously and allow it
to synchronize the time in a gradual manner. The other option is to run ntpd
periodically (using cron) and update the time each time ntpd is scheduled.
If you choose Option one, then install the /etc/rc.d/init.d/ntp init script
included in the blfs-bootscripts-20150304 package."

I have only used their systemd file with Centos 7, but given how the version
number is current, sounds like it was tested.

Best regards