[Pool] Leap second is coming

Harlan Stenn stenn at ntp.org
Mon May 4 09:43:00 UTC 2015

Roel Wagenaar writes:
> Harlan Stenn <stenn at ntp.org> wrote:
>
>> Roel Wagenaar writes:
>>>
>>> I'm on Debian 8, so ntpd is version 4.2.6p5, will this script work
>>> with this version?
>>
>> Yes.
>
> Just to make sure, does version 4.2.6p5 already autodetect timestamp
> changes?

As I recall, yes, 4.2.6p5 will notice when the leapseconds file has been
updated and it will reload it.  I do know that 4.2.6 was a lot more
noisy about the leapsecond file, and I don't recall how often it checked
for changes (I think it was once a day).

I'll mention (again) that we fixed over 1100 issues between 4.2.6 and
4.2.8.