[Pool] 8-10k pps in Brazil

Joseph B josephb at f-m.fm
Sat May 23 01:05:32 UTC 2015

On Sat, May 23, 2015, at 03:58 AM, Matt Wagner wrote:
> Does anyone else here run an NTP server in Brazil? I'm wondering if you
> are seeing the same crazy load I am.

As others have mentioned there has been a clear drop in the amount of
servers in the BR pool, unknown if they carried equal load to the
remaining ones in the pool.

http://www.pool.ntp.org/zone/br

> but I'm not eager to pay for 50GB of NTP traffic a day for too long.

In "Manage Servers" I would drop your "Net Speed" down until the
bandwidth usage on your service is more acceptable for you.

The load should slowly start spreading over other boxes in the pool.

Cheers,

Joseph