[Pool] 8-10k pps in Brazil

Joseph B josephb at f-m.fm
Sat May 23 01:13:41 UTC 2015

> The DNS server software logs e.g. every 100th request by increasing a
> counter.
> Then maybe once a day/hour a job runs that checks how much bandwidth
> is registered in each zone and if the relation to the requests is ok or

I'm not sure how closely DNS requests correlate to bandwidth
demand/consumption.

Certainly there are many clients that do a single DNS query on startup /
initiate and keep querying the same IP from then on.

It might balance out over time, I don't have enough data to make an
assertion :-)

> servers. Or a sort of "backup pool" is opened with server admins that are
> willing to fill in gaps where necessary, though I'd prefer the global
> zone as source, as that results in a better distribution of the load.

A backup pool with enough resources is a good idea, I'd be happy to have
an option to nominate servers outside of a region as available as extra
capacity for that region, otherwise the larger regional or global pool
would be a better option.

Cheers,

Joseph