[Pool] Site updates, help testing

Ask Bjørn Hansen ask at ntppool.org
Tue Jan 5 11:00:55 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,

A couple updates -- the beta site now has a let's encrypt certificate. If
this works over the next months I'll switch the manage.ntppool.org
certificate to use that, too (and eventually the main site, also, I hope).

https://manage-beta.grundclock.com/manage/servers

I also switched the beta site to allow logins with a Google, Github,
Microsoft, Facebook or Linkedin account (in addition to a normal
username/password).

One hitch is that right now to get to your account you need to login with
the same email address (or an account with one of the above providers that
uses the same email address that you used previously). Before putting this
on the production site I'll make sure we have a bit of tools and/or process
to help out users who get "stranded". Anyway, doing this was one of the
reasons I asked you all to test yesterday. I'm curious now how many of you
have trouble getting back into your account. :-)

The new login is powered by Auth0.com which so far have been very nice to
work with.

Ask

--
http://www.ntppool.org/ | http://askask.com/