[ntp:questions] Re: Public servers?

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Fri Aug 1 23:12:36 UTC 2003

Brad,

Huh? There is no intent whatsoever to demonize Harlan in any way, shape
of form. I am reacting strictly to the content of his message. My
message said nothing about traceroute or who may have tools based on
traceroute. How did you get the impression otherwise?

We have had many prior discussions on the newsgroup about the access
control, service area and automatic configuration in one form or another
and each and every time the discussion has mired in the access controls
and service area issues. Discussion would be vastly more productive if
these issues could be resolve. Upon closure, technical details and
prototol augmentation are essentialy trivial.

You might start with BGP as a point of departure.

Dave