[ntp:questions] Re: Question about RFC-2030 SNTP Version4

Christopher J. Holland msnews at microsoft.com
Sun Aug 3 01:33:31 UTC 2003

Hi,

Then T4 is the time at which the packet is received from the Server.

Actually, I noticed that Cyberkit keeps track of the Packet Times.
Round Trip is calculated by the Client  (00:00:00:13:429 - 00:00:00:14:639)
= 201 mS.

Since, I know the Originating TimeStamp, I can just add the Round Trip to
get T4?
T4 = T1 + 201mS
T4 = 14039630149786221412 + 201000
T4 = ???
(Not sure if I should use the Fractional part, or the whole 64 bits in my
calculations?)

Once I am able to calculate d and t,
Does the actual Time = T1(Originate Time) + Reference Clock Error + Local
Clock Offset?

Thanks for your help,
news:cDJWa.481$Xq7.5875887 at news-text.cableinet.net...