[ntp:questions] Big time difference after synchronization in a short time

Zsolt Koppany zsolt.koppany at intland.com
Tue Aug 5 08:32:47 UTC 2003

Hi,

when I start the ntpd daemon, the date&time will be set correctly but
after a couple of minutes I get a 2-3 seconds difference between my
machine and the time server and the difference increases rapidly. I even
have the problem when I copy the ntp.conf file of a RedHat-8 (Acer)
desktop machine (where I don't have this problem).

My environment: DELL Inspiron 8200 (notebook) with RedHat-9.

How can I fix the problem?

Zsolt