[ntp:questions] Re: problem with broadcast

Mike Ayers mike.ayers at earthling.net
Sun Aug 10 22:46:40 UTC 2003

andrew wrote:

> One other thing. I have a CIDR network set up so that the broadcast
> address on my network is 192.168.10.31.

	Are you sure that all your machines are set up with a network mask of
255.255.255.192?  Secondly, are you sure that the OS(es) actually supports this?
  While this is strictly legal IP, I have found that most IP stacks impose at
least some limitations on the networks that will actually work with them.
Perhaps you should try setting up the network as 192.168.11.x and see if that works.

/|/|ike