[ntp:questions] Re: Fudging localclock time2 (newbie question)

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Sun Aug 17 14:51:18 UTC 2003

Dusty,

Leave the local clock alone; if the frequency has already been
disciplined and outside sources fail, the daemon will continue at the
last disciplined frequency. The frequency fudge in the local clock
driver is intended when no other outside source will ever discipline the
frequency and you want to tweak it to reduce accumulated time error.

Dave