[ntp:questions] Re: The Blackout.

Henk Uijterwaal (RIPE-NCC) henk at ripe.net
Mon Aug 18 19:48:56 UTC 2003

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003, David J Taylor wrote:

> "Tom" <thole at symmetricom.com> wrote in message
> news:5ea8425c.0308180754.7c5c39e7 at posting.google.com...
> > Did anyone whose servers remained up during the blackout experience
> > any problems keeping time or responding to NTP requests?
>
> I saw no effect whatsoever.  I must confess I had expected to see _some_
> effect in my plots, but all was fine.  Well done, NTP!
>
> I am based in Europe, and have avoided using any servers based in the US.

Most of the Internet infrastructure survived the event, thanks to UPS's,
so I'm not suprised that NTP survived as well.

Henk Uijterwaal                             Email: henk.uijterwaal at ripe.net
RIPE Network Coordination Centre            WWW: http://www.ripe.net/home/henk
P.O.Box 10096          Singel 258           Phone: +31.20.5354414
1001 EB Amsterdam      1016 AB Amsterdam    Fax: +31.20.5354445
The Netherlands        The Netherlands      Mobile: +31.6.55861746