[ntp:questions] Re: "Can't set time of day: Interrupted system call" - who can help?

Just justestin at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 20 03:05:22 UTC 2003

I was able to get ntp-4.1.2 on HPUX 10.20 to work without this error
by changing config.h after running ./configure in the ntp-4.1.2
directory.

I changed the following:
/* Define to 1 if you have the `settimeofday' function. */
/* #undef HAVE_SETTIMEOFDAY */

To this:
/* Define to 1 if you have the `settimeofday' function. */
#define HAVE_SETTIMEOFDAY 1

Now, ntpdate sets the time of day and ntpd will step when required
with no more "Can't set time of day: Interrupted system call" errors.