[ntp:questions] ntp time synchronization

Thomas Jachmann hoto99 at gmx.de
Thu Aug 21 12:19:50 UTC 2003

Hi,

I have set up ntp and ntp-simple on a server (Debian woody) to synchronize
its time with some external servers. This works well so far. Am I right that
this server is a time server itself now? I would like to synchronize all
other computers with this server. Which software do I have to use for this?
ntpdate can only be used to synchronize manually. But I'd like to constantly
keep the computers in sync. Do I have to install ntp and ntp-simple on each
client as well and direct it to the time server?

Regards,
Thomas