[ntp:questions] Re: NTP client as service on Win2K

dusty bin junkmail at mmscomms.demon.co.uk
Fri Aug 22 20:20:05 UTC 2003

"David W.E. Roberts" <nospam at talk21.com> wrote in message news:<bi4rb5$52v4i$1 at ID-122774.news.uni-berlin.de>...
[...]
> So, please:
>
> (1) am I just being unlucky and trying time servers which are no longer
> running?

I recall when I used the time service on w2k, it didn't use the ntp
port but either time or daytime, so servers that only respond to ntp
didn't work.
ntp.demon.co.uk responds to all, so you could try that.

You can check reasonably easily whether servers are working with Sam
Spade, which requests all three responses.

[..]

> I am on an ADSL line behind a NAT router.

Obviously, if you have the firewall setup, then you need to enable the
appropriate ports for outgoing traffic.

Hope that helps