[ntp:questions] Re: Trimble Setup Question

Juan Flores jflores at sgi.es
Mon Aug 25 13:45:05 UTC 2003

As far as I remember...

     You have to connect the Trimble (I used the TSIP) connector from
the box with the serial port (which machine are you attaching to?).
After that, you have to create a symbolic link from /dev/palisade1
pointing /dev/tty0p1 (supposing this is the port you have connected
to).

     In the ntp.conf file, add something like "server 127.127.29.1".
Run the NTP daemon and it should work...

     Well, I suppose you have configured the Trimble antenna before
doing all this.

     Hope this helps you or, at least, you could see what´s wrong