[ntp:questions] Re: PPS/nano with 2.6-test kernel?

Wed Aug 27 12:00:03 UTC 2003

ptrojane at mion.elka.pw.edu.pl (Piotr Trojanek) writes:

> In article <4e0jkvoc1mkdvnron6qgeh6vfgpp1mue96 at 4ax.com>, Ryan wrote:
> >Has anyone here tested NTP with a 2.6-test kernel?  2.6-test with PPS
> >(eg: from GPS)?
>
> I'm afraid, that this won't be so easy -- as I saw in 2.5.x, there
> were serious changes in serial driver code, so probably PPSkit
> patch has to be also rewritten.

I haven't seen 2.5, but I heard that the kernel now has a nanosecond
clock built from scratch (maybe not the one presented in PPSkit). The
serial driver part is the easier part of the PPSkit, believe me. I'll
have to see how things fir together in the future. Don't hold your
breath...

Ulrich