[ntp:questions] Re: "Can't set time of day: Interrupted system call" - who can help?

Just justestin at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 27 20:35:06 UTC 2003

Harlan Stenn <stenn at whimsy.udel.edu> wrote in message news:<o4y8xha1xf.fsf at whimsy.udel.edu>...
> It gets better.
>
> On all of the HPUX boxes I see, configure properly auto-detects
> settimeofday().
>
> Somebody who is actually having this problem will have to dig deeper.

More digging into the settimeofday section of the configure file for
my last working version has:
ntp-4.1.1c-rc1:
/* System header to define __stub macros and hopefully few prototypes,
    which can conflict with char $ac_func (); below.  */
#include <assert.h>

Problems with the current version has:
ntp-4.1.2:
/* System header to define __stub macros and hopefully few prototypes,
    which can conflict with char $ac_func (); below.
    Prefer <limits.h> to <assert.h> if __STDC__ is defined, since
    <limits.h> exists even on freestanding compilers.  */
#ifdef __STDC__
# include <limits.h>
#else
# include <assert.h>
#endif

Looks like configure does not like <limits.h> since I can change it
and the problem goes away.
#ifdef __STDC__
# include <assert.h>
#else
# include <assert.h>
#endif

I could not get the HPUX limits.h or the gcc limits.h to work with
this.