[ntp:questions] Re: Trimble Setup Question

Steve Kostecke kostecke at ntp.org
Thu Aug 28 14:05:06 UTC 2003

In article <mailman.10.1062039274.1841.questions at ntp.org>, David L.
Mills wrote:

> Brad Knowles wrote:
>
>> At 6:07 PM +0000 2003/08/27, David L. Mills wrote:
>>
>>> By reputation the faq is understood by everybody - a flat document
>>> that can be read by anybody without special tools.
>>
>> Have you seen the page at <http://www.ntp.org/ntpfaq/NTP-a-faq.htm>?
>>
>> This is not a flat document. This page requires a web browser to
>> view.

It should also be noted that the FAQ is a multi-page document.

> I did a bit more checking and found I have less of a problem with twiki
> than I first supposed. So far as I can determine, those pages are
> vanilla HTML, even if the shrill commercials for twiki are irritating to
> the max. Remove all commercials for twiki

Quite some time ago I replaced the original TWiki logos with smaller
graphics. Are you objecting to the mere presence of the word "TWiki" on
the TWiki pages?

> and rename the index page faq.ntp.org and I have no problem with it.

We do not use "FAQ" on any of the TWiki pages because we don't want to
hijack Ulrich's FAQ.

<snip>

> Along with other vision impaired folks here, I prize the capability with
> IE to resize the text with the scroll wheel. Why do the twiki section
> heads resize, but the text does not?

The TWiki page text resizes properly in Mozilla/Galeon. I don't have
access to MSIE so I can neither confirm or deny your report.

--
Steve Kostecke <kostecke at ntp.org>