[ntp:questions] Re: [ntp: questions] Twiki, answers, faq ?????

Steve Kostecke kostecke at ntp.org
Thu Aug 28 17:30:06 UTC 2003

In article <51a8b546.0308280623.387419d9 at posting.google.com>, Juan
Flores wrote:

> A few days ago I tried to help Greg Blakely with his Trimble device.
> Noy I´ve read an answer from Harlan Stenn asking ¿me? to add the
> answers to twiki.ntp.org.
>
> Lately I´ve been a little apart from the NTP newsgroup so I don´t
> know what it is. As I have just seen, it seems like an information
> repository or something like that. Am I right?

Please read http://twiki.ntp.org/bin/view/TWiki/TWikiSite for an
explanation of what a TWiki is.

> Harlan, are you asking us to add the answers we get for our problems
> once we have solved them?

Yes.

> P.S.: I have also seen a discussion with David Mills... I think there
> should be both: faq as a plain text and an information repository,
> both with the same information, but I suppose it´s difficult to
> maintain both...

TWiki is a tool that allows members of the NTP community to directly
contribute to the "pool of knowledge". Some of these contributions may
be appropriate for the formal FAQ, some may not.

One point that is being consistently overlooked in these threads is the
fact that the NTP TWiki provides a centralized location for the members
of our community to post their "Mini-HOWTOs" that would otherwise be
scattered all over the web.

--
Steve Kostecke <kostecke at ntp.org>