[ntp:questions] Re: access control support for ntp4 server

Jacek Igalson igal3 at cut-this-out.jupiter.zit.tpnet.pl
Thu Dec 4 08:51:04 UTC 2003

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your answer.
I know the arguments of discard command. I have learned that from
the manual accopt.html prepared by Walt Kelly.

The point is that ntpd does not accept the keyword "discard".
I tried the following configurations:

discard
restrict default limited kod

discard average 5 minimum 2
restrict default limited kod

discard average 5 minimum 2 monitor 0.5
restrict default limited kod

My ntpd always says: configure: keyword "discard" unknown, line ignored

Additionally, the meaning of average, minimum and monitor is still
a mystery.

Regards.  Jacek