[ntp:questions] Re: Using NTPDC - keyid required

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.not-this-bit
Sun Dec 7 15:14:17 UTC 2003

> > I have Terje Mathisen's Windows build of NTP, and want to try some
> > commands using NTPDC (to atemmpt to drop and re-connect to a given
> > server).  However, the program is asking for a keyid that I don't
have,
> > not having configured one for normal NTP use.
> >
> > Can I use NTPDC, and if so, how?
>
> This should work, but you have to start by reading the documentation
> pages about authentication. Good luck! :-)
>
> Terje

Sorry, I'm not with you.  I looked at the documentation, and only found
info about how to set up a keyid.  I am saying that I haven't set up a
keyid, but still want to use ntpdc.  How can I do that?

(Yes, I know David Mills doesn't like ntpdc....).

Thanks,
David