[ntp:questions] Re: Lists of public NTP servers

Steve Kostecke kostecke at ntp.org
Mon Nov 3 19:50:04 UTC 2003

On 2003-11-03, David J Taylor <david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> Maarten Wiltink said:
>
>> Perhaps the Twiki people would like to adopt it?

<snip: to be addressed later>

> I had hoped that when I needed to find out something recently, that
> by entering the terms "ntp server fudge"

Searching for 'ntp server fudge' returns ~2780 hits.

Searching for 'ntp server fudge site:www.eecis.udel.edu' returns ~44
hits.

Searching for 'ntp server fudge site:www.ntp.org' returns 1 hit.

> into Google I would get the Official Documentation on the first page
> of hits, but no. The official documents don't even appear in the first
> three pages of results!

The fact that "we" have the Official NTP Documentation means nothing to Google.

> I gave up

That was your choice. You could have kept looking. Or you could have
used Google correctly and restricted your search to the appropriate
domain.

--
Steve Kostecke <kostecke at ntp.org>
The Official NTP Documentation and FAQ are linked from