[ntp:questions] Re: Lists of public NTP servers

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Nov 3 21:18:41 UTC 2003

> Searching for 'ntp server fudge site:www.ntp.org' returns 1 hit.
>
> > into Google I would get the Official Documentation on the first page
> > of hits, but no. The official documents don't even appear in the first
> > three pages of results!
>
> The fact that "we" have the Official NTP Documentation means nothing to
Google.

> > I gave up
>
> That was your choice. You could have kept looking. Or you could have
> used Google correctly and restricted your search to the appropriate
> domain.

Well, that's a helpful tip for next time, thanks.

However, my real point was that the Official NTP Documentation should be
higher placed in the Google search, perhaps by the addition of some
keywords or heading tags.  It seems obscure enough already, without
shrouding it in twikie dust.

Cheers,
David