[ntp:questions] Re: Lists of public NTP servers

Steve Kostecke kostecke at ntp.org
Mon Nov 3 22:30:04 UTC 2003

On 2003-11-03, David J Taylor <david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> Maarten Wiltink said:

>> Perhaps the Twiki people would like to adopt it?
>
> As with all the NTP documentation, the lists need to remain easily
> accessible to the "average" NTP user, and not hidden in some mystical
> resource hidden to search engines.

*sigh*

It's not (intended to be) mystical.

Please visit the NTP TWiki (http://twiki.ntp.org) and click the
'Time Servers' link in the LHS column (or point your browser at
http://twiki.ntp.org/servers/). You don't need to register to browse the
Time Server lists.

The NTP.Servers Web is a in the process of being completed, the
documentation is not complete. etc. We currently have a small selection
of Servers listed; there should be enough to give you a idea of what
we're doing.

We have not yet implemented a way of collecting the entries into an
easily downloadable list.

The point of using the TWiki to maintain the list is that it allows each
Time Server Operator to "own" their list entries and maintain those
entries themselves _if they wish to do so_. We would, of course, also
accept submissions/corrections via e-mail.

You (and anyone else, for that matter) are welcome to suggest ways that
we can improve the NTP.Servers Web and all the other community supported
resouces on the NTP TWiki. You're also welcome to open a TWiki account
and contribute directly.

--
Steve Kostecke <kostecke at ntp.org>