[ntp:questions] internal ntp not reachable

dave dmehler26 at woh.rr.com
Mon Nov 3 22:32:49 UTC 2003

Hello,
    I've got a FreeBSD machine acting as a firewall/ntpd server for an
internal network. The machine goes out to the net and updates it's time via
a time server since it can not keep the correct time. I then try to update
internal machines from this box, which does not work, i've opened port 123
udp but an nmap scan of the machine does not show anything listening on that
port, however netstat on the machine itself shows udp 123 open. Not sure
where to go to debug this, any help appreciated.
Thanks.
Dave.