[ntp:questions] Re: Lists of public NTP servers

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Nov 4 07:48:09 UTC 2003

"Christopher Browne" <cbbrowne at acm.org> wrote in message
news:bo6j67$16via2$1 at ID-125932.news.uni-berlin.de...

> > However, my real point was that the Official NTP Documentation
> > should be higher placed in the Google search, perhaps by the
> > addition of some keywords or heading tags.  It seems obscure enough
> > already, without shrouding it in twikie dust.
>
> No, that is exactly the approach that Google seeks to ensure _doesn't_
> work.

I am only talking about appropriate in-context keywords and header tags.

> What would actually bring its "placement" higher would be for people
> at _other_ sites to have pointers to the Official NTP Documentation.
[]
> I have added a (not previously existant) link to
> <http://www.ntp.org/documentation.html> to my page on NTP, which is
> the sort of thing that causes Google to raise pages' rankings.
>
> There; I have done my bit.

I have done the same for my two NTP pages.  Now what I want to see is the
official documentation at www.ntp.org in some permanent high-level
structure so that we can start linking to the relevant parts.

Cheers,
David