[ntp:questions] Re: Lists of public NTP servers

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Nov 4 08:08:25 UTC 2003

> Sigh....  Once again, FUD and ignorance raise their heads.
>
> Once again, I will say that anything in the public twiki space is
> totally open to world-wide access, including any and all known search
> engines.  The one and only restriction is if you want to *CREATE*
> information in the twiki, and that's only restricted to people who
> have created twiki accounts for themselves.

Sorry, but that doesn't seem to be true.  I took a phrase straight from:

  http://twiki.ntp.org/bin/view/Support/NTPFourWindowsNTHints

which was:

  "Last revision 15 November 1999  Version 4.0.98f."

and entered that into Google.  It did not find the twiki entry (but one
from greatplains and one from ualberta).

Why does what I try in practice differ from what you think works?

Cheers,
David