[ntp:questions] Re: Lists of public NTP servers

Christopher Browne cbbrowne at acm.org
Tue Nov 4 12:55:05 UTC 2003

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, "David J Taylor" <david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> "Christopher Browne" <cbbrowne at acm.org> wrote in message
> news:bo6j67$16via2$1 at ID-125932.news.uni-berlin.de...
>
>> > However, my real point was that the Official NTP Documentation
>> > should be higher placed in the Google search, perhaps by the
>> > addition of some keywords or heading tags.  It seems obscure enough
>> > already, without shrouding it in twikie dust.
>>
>> No, that is exactly the approach that Google seeks to ensure _doesn't_
>> work.
>
> I am only talking about appropriate in-context keywords and header tags.

Doesn't matter.  Google likely has no way to distinguish between
"appropriate" use of keywords and header tags and the (far more often)
cases where people salt their pages liberally with dishonest tags in
the imagination that this will help their web search engine rankings.

The fact that you _imagine_ that adding header tags and keywords will
improve your 'page ranking' is the error of which you must disabuse
yourself.

That you consider yourself a "good guy" does not diminish that your
intent is exactly the same as the intent that "bad guys" have.
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="cbbrowne.com" in name ^ "@" ^ tld;;
http://www.ntlug.org/~cbbrowne/