[ntp:questions] Re: Lists of public NTP servers

Steve Kostecke kostecke at ntp.org
Tue Nov 4 16:30:04 UTC 2003

On 2003-11-04, David J Taylor <david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> "Nicholas Suan" <nsuan at nonexiste.net> wrote in message
> news:Xns942919A437EDEkouga at inuyasha.nonexiste.net...
>
>> http://twiki.ntp.org/robots.txt:

> Thanks, Nicholas.
>
> I had a threatening e-mail accusing me of spreading FUD about the
> twiki, but it seems I was correct about the lack of it in the search
> engines at least.

That robots.txt setting is temporarily necessary to keep spiders from
rendering twiki.ntp.org completely unusable (as has happened to us in
the past). Once we resolve some performance issues we will be lifting
that limitation. Then you *will* see content from the NTP TWiki indexed
by search engines such as Google.

Just keep in mind that the TWiki content is not static. What you see on
the search engines may not be what you find when you get to the TWiki.
You're always better off using the TWiki's built-in full-text searching
capabilities. That way you're guaranteed to have the most current
results.

--
Steve Kostecke <kostecke at ntp.org>
The Official NTP Documentation and FAQ are linked from