[ntp:questions] Re: Lists of public NTP servers

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.not-this-bit
Tue Nov 4 16:57:58 UTC 2003

> Just keep in mind that the TWiki content is not static. What you see on
> the search engines may not be what you find when you get to the TWiki.
> You're always better off using the TWiki's built-in full-text searching
> capabilities. That way you're guaranteed to have the most current
> results.

Steve,

Thanks for your comments.  I hope the performance issues are soon sorted
out.

Data freshness is not my point.  I am hoping to see the official
documentation, whatever format is be in, have a higher rating on the
public search engines.

With very few exceptions, the way I search these days is with Google, not
having to think: Oh, it's NTP, so I must use search engine X, or, Oh, it's
Windows, I'd better use search engine Y.  Someone who does not follow
these newsgroups may not even be aware of the twiki, and will rely on the
public engines.

BTW: I support Wolfgang's comments on the font sizes - where possible let
the browser decide the display, not the author.

Cheers,
David