[ntp:questions] Re: Lists of public NTP servers

Christopher Browne cbbrowne at acm.org
Tue Nov 4 23:15:04 UTC 2003

Martha Stewart called it a Good Thing whenSteve Kostecke <kostecke at ntp.org>wrote:
> On 2003-11-04, David J Taylor <david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> "Nicholas Suan" <nsuan at nonexiste.net> wrote in message
>> news:Xns942919A437EDEkouga at inuyasha.nonexiste.net...
>>
>>> http://twiki.ntp.org/robots.txt:

>> Thanks, Nicholas.
>>
>> I had a threatening e-mail accusing me of spreading FUD about the
>> twiki, but it seems I was correct about the lack of it in the search
>> engines at least.
>
> That robots.txt setting is temporarily necessary to keep spiders from
> rendering twiki.ntp.org completely unusable (as has happened to us in
> the past). Once we resolve some performance issues we will be lifting
> that limitation. Then you *will* see content from the NTP TWiki indexed
> by search engines such as Google.

Put up at least a static front page that _can_ be spidered safely.

That is the needful thing.

Without it, the "Twiki" will be invisible to the world.

And if it is invisible, it doesn't much matter how good it is; people
won't see it, and won't use it.
--
let name="aa454" and tld="freenet.carleton.ca" in name ^ "@" ^ tld;;
http://www3.sympatico.ca/cbbrowne/ntp.html