[ntp:questions] Re: Lists of public NTP servers

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.not-this-bit
Wed Nov 5 07:21:16 UTC 2003

> >   http://twiki.ntp.org/bin/view/Support/NTPFourWindowsNTHints
>
> This topic contains hints for users of "NTP 4.x for Windows NT"

Oh, sorry, I didn't see the "4" as Four - perhaps "NTP4forWindowsHints"
wouldn't have confused me.....

[]
> The body of this topic is actually Dr. Mills' winnt.html document. This
> fact is clearly posted at the begining of the topic: "The document
> included in this topic is not cached, it is included from its original
> location (http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~mills/ntp/html/hints/winnt.html)
> each time this topic is loaded/refreshed."
>
> As such I am not able to modify that document in any way.

Well, with all the conversations about what is, or is not now being done
by David Mills I am in a confused state about that, but I take your point.

[]
> You're welcome to contribute to a topic for NTP on the Windows
> version-du-jour. I can't because I don't use Windows.
>
> > I prefer English to wiki words.
>
> WikiWords are an essential feature of Wikis (including TWiki).

Once the system is at a usable speed, I would welcome the opportunity to
write some plain English about simple use of NTP on Windows - although I
suspect that the text is already available somewhere.

I really am trying to make it easier for those who prefer a simple install
and run package to take advantage of NTP, whatever the OS.  I do very much
enjoy the discussions of principles and practices on this group, and it
sometimes provides and interesting insight into the world of mixed Unixes.

Cheers,
David